The beautiful Natalie from BeautyDoes has nominated this baby blog for the Liebster Award! I’ve only been around for a few months and I’m very honored for all the different nominations and tags coming my way. Sorry if your feed from me has mainly been these award nominations and tags.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post
- Choose 11 new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer
My 11 facts:
1. First time I wore make up was when I was a freshman going to Senior prom
2. I started doing my own make up / became curious around the age of 17.
3. I love pastel colors.
4. I’m addicted to Starbucks.
5. I hate swimming in the ocean or anywhere I can’t see the bottom. It terrifies me. I’ll be in the ocean, but I won’t go far out. Nope.
6. I have 3 younger siblings; 2 brothers, 1 sister.
7. I live on an island in Hawaii; it’s not all fun and games.
8. It’s expensive here and traffic sucks.
9. I love animals. I have a small pond of koi and other fishies, 2 bunnies, and a doggie.
10. I am very short; 5 feet.
11. I am into cars; vroom vroom.
Answers to the 11 questions: (Since she didn’t leave a separate 11 questions, I’ll answer the same as her)
1. Why did you start blogging?
I live on an island, traffic kinda sucks, and I needed something to do. I’ve always been interested in starting a blog so I decided to take this up. So far I’m loving it! My close friends aren’t into makeup or beauty or fashion or blogs or anything; I wanted an outlet with people that had similar interests.
2. Where did the name of your blog come from?
I sat on the idea of a name and I wanted it to embody all that I do. Krysti is my first name, Encounters is whatever I come across and do. If I didn’t end up like having a beauty blog, I wanted my name to be able to adapt to whatever else I decide to tackle.
3. What is your favorite of your own blog posts?
Oh gosh, I actually don’t really like them just yet; they aren’t the way that I want them to be and I’m working on that.
4. How do you find new blogs to follow?
I check the recommendations or when people tag others, I check them. Sometimes I find them through instagram, twitter, and google.
5. Would you ever stop following a blog? And why?
Honestly, I might. It depends, but if the blog doesn’t continue to interest me, or becomes racist, or rants too much, I’ll probably opt out for following them.
6. What is your opinion on commenting on blog posts?
I like commenting on blogs, I try to comment on them when I feel appropriate. I know I enjoy comments so I try to make others happy as well.
7. Name one author whose books you will always read.
John Green; I love his books.
8. If you could recommend one book for another to read, what would it be and why?
Paper Towns by John Green and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.
9. What is your most anticipated read of 2014?
I think the most anticipated was The Fault in Our Stars.
10. Who is your favorite designer?
Uh… Alexander Wang.
11. How do you pick your outfits?
Whatever I feel like wearing… Haha. I’m guilty of just wearing whatever I feel comfortable in; also depending on our weather.
I seriously love that the beauty/fashion community does is so constructive and passes around these awards!
If you’ve made it through this incredibly long post, be sure to check everyone out! Some of them are very new, but everyone has awesome blogs and you can really tell that they love blogging!
Until next time!