It’s flu season, yay! Not. I ended up catching a cold this week and with the flu going around, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what I caught. Thankfully I wasn’t sick for more than a week, and I’m on the road to recovery. Being sick makes me a little depressed, as I’m not much of a stay at home, in-doors, for more than a couple days kind of person. Being cooped up in my room trying to keep my germs away from the rest of the family got me a little down. While I did enjoy Netflix binge watching, it just wasn’t enough for me. Staring at a computer screen or tv screen hurt my eyes after a good hour and I still just wasn’t feeling like I was getting better. Here’s a few things that I like to do when I’m sick to make myself feel better.
1. Pamper yourself. What better time do you have, then when you’re forced to stay home? I would put a facial mask on, steam up the bathroom, fill the tub, turn on some Spotify, and relax. I usually set my phone alarm to turn off my music after 30 minutes; don’t want to over-do the whole sitting in the tub thing. A mask I’ve been loving is ThirstyMud by GlamGlow; you leave it in for at least 20 minutes-overnight and it moisturizes your skin. Since tissues have been my best friend lately, my nose area has been super dry, and this mask helped me so much! I’d also put on Boscia jfksjfds mask where I feel like my skin was going to break out; you leave this one on for 10-20 minutes before washing off.
2. The old regimen of eating Chicken Noodle Soup. This is a child past-time that I find comforting and soothing. I’ve had my fill and quite honestly, I don’t find myself eating this often, if at all, aside from when I’m sick.
3. Make up. I know putting make up on is the last thing you probably want to do, but if you’re feeling well enough, put a little on, even if it’s just a little blush and bronzer to bring some life back into your face. For me, looking in the mirror every now and again with my face looking alive, it made me feel a little better and a little less crappy. I’ve been reaching for NYX Blush and Contour palette from Megan in our beauty swap.
4. Healthy eating. Take this time to nourish your body with all that is good for you. You can go grab your McDonald’s when you feel better. Your body needs food that will help it heal itself and protect you from further colds. I enjoy eating endless amounts of oranges, grapes, and other fruits.
5. If you can, open a window, go sit outside, and take in some fresh air. I had a hard time with this one because it’s been super hot and muggy and just plain gross outside on Oahu. Being sick and with a temperature, not to mention your body is already screaming “I’m HOT!” with you sitting in the room with a fan or AC on, being outside was so hard for me. The instant I left the comforts of my cool room, I was greeted with sticky hot air and my body and mind automatically regretted the idea of leaving. Since I have a small pond and fishies to take care of, I used that to push me down the stairs and out the door. Breathing in fresh air was a lot better than the cool air from my room despite me sweating up a storm and being very uncomfortable (but that’s when you take tip #1 and go take a cool relaxing shower!).
What sick day regimens do you have? Anything your parents do / used to do for you when you were sick? I absolutely miss my mommy taking care of me and her worried self checking in on me whenever she could. Don’t forget to leave me a comment!
p.s. Sorry I don’t have pictures for much… I didn’t have the patience to take pictures of anything while I was sick… Please forgive me.